Nearly every kid wants a treehouse (as well as many grown-ups). Personally, it's one of my greatest unfulfilled desires.
Let's take the fantasy even further. How about an invisible treehouse?
Treehotel is a beautiful series of structures set against the backdrop of Harads, Sweden about 60 km south of the arctic circle. Former guidance counselor Kent Lindvall came up with the concept for the hotel dreamscape with his wife Britta.
The goal of the construction is to have minimal impact on local wildlife and the environment. Each structure features an electric floor heating system, a state-of-the-art eco-friendly incineration toilet and a water-efficient hand basin.
Says Anette Selberg, director of excursion programs for guests: "This is untouched forest and we want to maintain it the same way. We decided for example to not offer snowmobile safari which is very common up here. Instead, wilderness walks will be offered."
There are currently six structures designed by five different architects, with two additional structures set to open in October. Linvall plans on 24 rooms designed by 24 different architects in the next five years.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades